How Quantix work
How to Use the Platform
- Best practices (coming soon)
- Tips and tricks (coming soon)
Art and Creators Relationship FAQ
How do i sell an nft on Quantix?
Selling an NFT on Quantix involves a unique process known as 'Quantization', and you can choose between two methods: Standard Quantization and Self Quantization. Here's how each method works:
1. Standard Quantization:
- Setting the Floor Price: Begin by setting a target floor price for your NFT. This is the asking price per your whole NFT.
- Share Retention: You can choose to retain up to 50% of the shares, allowing you to maintain a stake in the NFT and potentially benefit from future value increases.
- Payment Process: With Standard Quantization you receive payment as soon as each fractional share is sold, rather than waiting for the entire NFT to be sold to one single buyer.
- Flexibility to Accept Lower Offers: , with Standard Quantization, you have the option to stop the process at any point, even before reaching 100% of your target floor price. This means you can choose to accept a lower offer if you wish, providing flexibility in how you finalize the sale.
2. Self Quantization:
- Retaining 100% of Shares Initially: In Self Quantization, you retain all the shares initially. This option is ideal if you wish to distribute shares selectively (e.g., airdrops) or want to explore price discovery in the free market.
- Engagement with the Free Market: The NFT is exposed to Quantix's free market, allowing for natural price discovery.
- Payment After Final Purchase: With Self Quantization, you receive payment only after the final purchase of the shares, which may take longer compared to the Standard Quantization.
Steps to Sell Your NFT on Quantix:
- Choose between Standard Quantization and Self Quantization based on your sales strategy and preferred payment timeline.
- Set the floor price for Standard Quantization, and decide on your share retention percentage.
- For Self Quantization, prepare for market engagement and understand the potential longer timeline for payment.
- Complete the listing process, making your NFT available to potential buyers.
Quantix offers these two distinct quantization methods to suit various selling strategies, whether you're looking for quicker returns or exploring market-driven price discovery for your NFT.
On Quantix do i pay fees?
- As a seller on Quantix, you enjoy the benefit of 0% fees. This means there are no charges for listing and selling your NFTs on our platform.
- While sellers do not incur fees, Quantix does implement fees at different phases of a transaction cycle for other activities.
- The specific details of our fee structure, including when and how fees are applied, can be found on our comprehensive fee schedule. View our Fee Distribution here.
Average Fee for Users:
- In a standard transaction scenario, users typically incur an average fee of around 4-5% throughout the entire sell cycle. This percentage represents the total cost incurred during all phases of a transaction, from initial listing to final sale.
- It's important to note that the exact percentage of fees may vary slightly based on the number of exchanges that occur in the free market.
This fee structure is designed to support the operational costs of Quantix while ensuring a fair and transparent trading environment for our users.
Does Quantix support creator royalties?
Yes Quantix fully supports creator royalties, check here how it works
How do you verify the authenticity and provenance of the art associated with the fractionalized NFTs?
At Quantix, we embrace our role as a decentralized platform while acknowledging the importance of authenticity and provenance in NFT transactions. Here’s how we approach this:
- Blockchain Transparency: The blockchain's immutable ledger is fundamental in tracing the history and ownership of NFTs, providing a level of provenance verification.
- User Responsibility: In our open listing environment, we emphasize the importance of user diligence. We encourage sellers to provide detailed and accurate information about their artworks and buyers to thoroughly research before making a purchase.
- Community Vigilance and Reporting: Our community plays a vital role in maintaining the platform's integrity. Users can report listings that they find suspicious.
- Suspicious NFT Mark: We have integrated a feature that marks suspicious NFTs. This system is interconnected with the broader NFT marketplace ecosystem, enhancing our ability to flag and alert users about potential issues with a listed NFT's authenticity or provenance.
- NFT Verification Mark: To further assist in the verification process, we provide an NFT verification mark. This mark is given to artworks that have passed certain verification checks, offering an additional layer of assurance to potential buyers.
- Educational Resources: We equip our users with educational materials to better understand the evaluation of authenticity and provenance, enhancing their ability to make informed decisions.
- Smart Contract Metadata: Details about the artwork and artist are encoded in the NFT's smart contract as metadata, adding to the transparency and traceability of the artwork's history.
- Open Communication Channels: We promote transparency and communication within our community, encouraging interactions between artists, sellers, and buyers for additional clarity and verification.
In summary, while Quantix provides the tools and framework for authenticity verification, our decentralized nature means that a significant part of this process involves community participation and user responsibility. Our features like the suspicious NFT mark and NFT verification mark are integral in this ecosystem, aiding in creating a secure and trustworthy environment for trading fractionalized NFTs.
What are the arrangements in place to ensure artists receive fair compensation when their art is fractionalized?
At Quantix, we are committed to ensuring that artists are fairly compensated for their work, especially in the context of fractionalized NFTs. Here's how we approach this:
- Quantization as a Sales Method: Quantization, or the process of fractionalizing an NFT, opens up a new avenue for artists or listers to sell their work. The lister, who may or may not be the original artist, has the flexibility to set their desired price for the NFT. This ensures that they can determine the compensation they seek for the artwork, aligning with market demand and their valuation of the piece.
- Artist as Seller: In situations where the artist themselves chooses to list and fractionalize their artwork on Quantix, they have complete control over the initial pricing. This enables artists to directly receive the compensation they deem fair and appropriate for their work.
- Transparent Transactions: All transactions on Quantix are transparently recorded on the blockchain, ensuring clarity and fairness in the compensation process. This transparency helps in maintaining trust among artists, buyers, and collectors.
- Perpetual Seller Royalties for First Lister: We have implemented a system where the first lister of an NFT on Quantix – which could be the artist themselves or a primary seller – receives perpetual seller royalties. This means they earn a 1% royalty on all future sales of the NFT on our platform, providing ongoing compensation for their initial contribution.
- Recognition of Creator Fees: In cases where the artist is not the direct lister, we still recognize and honor creator fees. This means that a portion of each sale is allocated to the original creator of the artwork. These creator fees are a fundamental part of our commitment to supporting artists and ensuring they continue to benefit from their work, even as it changes hands.
Through these measures, Quantix strives to create an equitable environment where artists are respected and fairly compensated for their creativity and effort. Whether the artist is the direct seller
or their work is being listed by someone else, our system is designed to ensure that artists receive ongoing benefits from their creations. This approach not only supports artists financially but also encourages the continued growth and vitality of the digital art ecosystem.
Do artists retain any rights or control over their work after fractionalizing it as an NFT?
At Quantix, we deeply respect the rights of artists and creators, even after their work is fractionalized into NFTs. Here's an overview of how artists' rights are handled on our platform:
- Royalty Rights:
- Perpetual Seller Royalties: When artists are the initial listers, they benefit from perpetual seller royalties. We allocate a 1% royalty from future sales of the NFT on Quantix, ensuring ongoing compensation.
- Creator Royalties: Additionally, artists can set their own creator royalties. This means that apart from the initial sale, artists receive a specified percentage of sales from subsequent transactions, as determined by them. This system empowers artists to earn from their work continually, every time it is traded on the platform.
- Intellectual Property Rights:
- The fractionalization of artwork into an NFT does not inherently transfer the artist's intellectual property rights unless specifically agreed upon. Artists retain their copyright over the artwork, maintaining control over creative rights, reproduction, and distribution of the original work.
- Governance and Control:
- Post-fractionalization, artists may have limited direct control over each fraction of the NFT. While fractional owners possess a share of the NFT, this does not typically include intellectual property rights unless explicitly granted.
- Creator Recognition:
- Artists are always credited for their work. Blockchain technology ensures that creator information is permanently linked with the NFT, providing continuous recognition.
- Contractual Agreements:
- Artists have the flexibility to specify any additional rights or controls in the smart contract terms when creating and listing the NFT. This can include specific provisions regarding the use, licensing, or reproduction of the artwork.
In summary, Quantix ensures that artists maintain significant rights over their work, even after fractionalization. The platform upholds intellectual property rights, provides mechanisms for ongoing compensation through royalties, and ensures artists are recognized for their creative contributions. Our approach respects the artist's role in the digital art ecosystem and supports their ongoing engagement and reward.
What Criteria Are Used to Determine Which NFTs Are Eligible for Quantization?
At Quantix, our platform operates with a decentralized ethos, which shapes how we approach the eligibility of NFTs for quantization. Here are the key criteria:
- Decentralized Protocol Standards:
- As a decentralized platform, Quantix generally allows a broad range of NFTs to be listed and quantized. Our protocol is designed to support various types of NFTs, including art, collectibles, and more, provided they adhere to standard NFT protocols (like ERC-721 or ERC-1155).
- Initial Closed Mainnet Considerations:
- During an initial closed mainnet phase, if implemented, the range of eligible NFTs might be more curated. This is to ensure a smooth and controlled rollout of our platform's features and to closely monitor the system's performance with a selected array of NFTs.
- The criteria for selection during this phase may include factors such as the reputation of the creators, the historical value of the NFTs, community interest, and technical compatibility with our platform.
- Post Mainnet Expansion:
- Following the closed mainnet phase, we plan to gradually expand the scope of eligible NFTs, moving towards a more inclusive and wide-ranging acceptance in line with our decentralized approach.
- User Participation in Eligibility:
- In the spirit of decentralization, we may also involve our community in deciding which types of NFTs should receive visibility bust during quantization, potentially through mechanisms like community voting or proposals.
- Compliance and Legal Considerations:
- Despite our decentralized framework, we ensure that all NFTs listed on Quantix comply with legal standards and do not infringe on any copyrights or legal regulations.
In summary, while Quantix aims to support a wide range of NFTs for quantization, specific criteria during our initial closed mainnet phase will guide which NFTs can be listed. As we progress, we anticipate evolving these criteria to embrace a wider variety of NFTs, always in alignment with legal and community standards.
There are Examples or Case Studies of Successful Fractionalized NFTs on Quantix?
As Quantix is currently in the testnet phase, we don't yet have real-world case studies of fractionalized NFTs from our platform. However, we have identified several ideal user profiles and use cases where our platform's capabilities can be leveraged effectively. These scenarios highlight the potential benefits and applications of Quantix:
- NFT Owners Seeking Liquidity:
- NFT owners looking to unlock liquidity from their assets without completely selling them can benefit from fractionalization. They can retain a percentage of the NFT while selling shares to multiple buyers.
- Collectors Aiming for Diversification:
- Collectors interested in owning a variety of NFTs without purchasing them outright can invest in fractions, thereby diversifying their portfolio with a lower financial barrier.
- NFT Traders Focusing on Liquid Trades:
- Our platform caters to traders who seek to engage in more fluid and frequent trading of NFT shares, taking advantage of market dynamics and price movements.
- Buyers Looking for Fair Pricing:
- Buyers who prefer to purchase NFTs at prices validated by multiple transactions on-chain will find Quantix's market-driven pricing mechanism advantageous.
For more information about our ideal users and the benefits Quantix offers, please visit our learning resources:
Once Quantix moves beyond the testnet phase, we look forward to showcasing actual case studies and success stories of fractionalized NFTs traded on our platform.
What Support and Educational Resources Does Quantix Offer?
At Quantix, we prioritize making the experience of engaging with fractionalized NFTs accessible and understandable, especially for those new to the concept. Here’s how we support our users:
- Extensive Learning Hub:
- Our Learning Hub is a comprehensive resource center dedicated to educating users about fractionalized NFTs. It features a wealth of information including detailed guides, tutorials, and insightful articles that span from basic to advanced topics on NFT fractionalization.
- User-Friendly Guides:
- For newcomers, our Help Center offers step-by-step guides that simplify the process of buying, selling, and managing fractionalized NFTs. These guides are crafted to be approachable and easy to understand, regardless of the user's prior experience with NFTs.
- FAQs and Knowledge Base:
- The Learning Hub also includes a robust FAQ section and knowledge base, addressing common questions and exploring various use cases and scenarios. This resource is regularly updated to keep pace with the dynamic world of NFTs.
- Community and Discord Support:
- The Quantix community is a vital support network where users can engage with peers, share experiences, and seek advice. Our Discord channel is a main support channel, offering a platform for real-time interaction, community support, and assistance from both community members and the Quantix team.
By offering these resources and channels of support, we at Quantix are dedicated to demystifying the world of fractionalized NFTs and making it more accessible to all. Our goal is to empower you with the knowledge and support you need to navigate and succeed in the fractionalized NFT space.
How Does Quantix Handle the Fractionalization and Representation of Both Digital and Physical Artworks in NFTs?
At Quantix, our goal is to accommodate the trading of NFTs representing both digital and physical artworks. Understanding the nuances involved in each type is key:
- Digital Artworks:
- Digital artworks are inherently more suited for NFT representation and fractionalization due to their digital format.
- The process involves dividing the ownership of the digital art into shares without any physical counterpart.
- Physical Artworks:
- Fractionalizing physical artworks involves additional layers of complexity. This includes ensuring the physical artwork's security, storage, and maintenance, along with the legal aspects of ownership and rights.
- Currently, as Quantix operates as a secondary NFT marketplace, the platform will facilitate the fractionalization and the trading of already minted physical artwork NFTs. The initial process of linking the physical artwork to an NFT and its fractionalization will typically be handled externally on third-party services.
- Maintaining Connection Between NFTs and Physical Art:
- For physical artworks, the corresponding NFT should include detailed provenance, authenticity, and legal rights information. This maintains the relationship between the NFT and the physical artwork.
- Adapting to Industry Evolution:
- The industry surrounding physical art NFTs is rapidly evolving. Quantix aims to stay at the forefront of this evolution, supporting emerging solutions and partnerships that enhance the linkage and fractionalization process.
Quantix is committed to adapting and embracing new technologies and methodologies that emerge in the fractionalization and digital representation of both digital and physical art forms, ensuring our users have access to a diverse and legally compliant range of art NFTs.